Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Part 1 of Goal Setting: Wall of Dreams

Nothing gets done when we just sit around, complain about life, blame others and so on.  We want to be somebody but we are not doing anything about it.  So it is time to set proper goals.

Goals can be set easily by just staring blankly and let your mind take you to where you want to be.  Just like dreaming.  I remember when I was around 15 years old, my eldest sister started talking about what thesis is all about.  She said that it was a requirement for her to graduate.

Obviously, I did not know what was that back then and quite honestly, until now.  Correct me if I am wrong, in my understanding it has something to do with writing about a particular subject that needs to be right by defending your point to a panel.

What actually popped in my mind was that, when it is my turn to do my thesis, my subject will be something to do with life, specifically how to live a life that has meaning.  For me, I know that it will be a life long thesis.

It just struck me, before writing this blog, that I started dreaming about my future more than 15 years ago that I will be writing things about life.  Well, I did not finish my studies and the subject about life was not really aligned with what I was trying to finish back in college.

But, yeah, as of this very moment I am writing now about what I have dreamt about years ago.  That is why dreaming will be the very first part of setting our goals.  If you are just starting to dream about your goals, do it as much as possible.  Write it down or make a tangible material out of it that you will always see.

Honestly, that is my new project.  To have a wall that I can stare at for me to remember my goals.  It is not anyone will forget their dreams.  But creating something that can make you remember, reinforce your will to reach that goal.

Sometimes, laziness is your worst enemy.  Probably you had a bad day or you want to jus relax and just have a break from your busy life.  But believe me, nothing beats reassessing your goals.  Dreaming about them will take you there not faster but surely.

It doesn't matter what goal it is.  Whether if it is buying a new house, finishing your degree, saving for your future and so on.  Just dream.  Try to feel and imagine that you are already there opening the main door of your new house.  Walking on stage and getting your diploma.  Relaxing with your family after retirement. Anything.

For me, at present, my goal is to reach everyone that might need some help about self improvement.  Waking up and getting ready to start my day by checking my email to see if there are anyone that need some help or guidance.  Attending seminars to improve myself.  Those are my current dreams.

And, around 10, 20 or 30 years from now, I will be re-posting this blog and will share to everyone that dreaming drives everyone to reach their goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment